Google Doodle celebrates humanity’s first message into space on
16th november,2018(celebrating 44 years)
WHAT IS ARECIBO MESSAGE?
ARECIBO MESSAGE IS AN INTERSTELLAR RADIO MESSAGE SENT GLOBULAR STAR CLUSTER M13 TO FIND THE EXTRA TERRISTRIAL PEOPLE OR ALIENS MIGHT RECEIVE AND DECODE IT.
The message was broadcast into space a single time via frequency modulated radio waves at a ceremony to mark the remodeling of the Arecibo radio telescope in Puerto Rico on 16 November 1974.
GOOGLE COOMEMORATED ITS 44th ANNIVESARY IN THE FORM OF A GOOGLE’S DOODLE!
WHY IT WAS SENT?
The solr purpose of sending the message was to tell people in other world that how advance and till how far the human Technology has advanced, and not exactly to start a conversation with them. This historic transmission was intended to demonstrate the capabilities of Arecibo’s recently upgraded radio telescope, whose 1000-foot-diameter dish made it the largest and most powerful in the world at the time.
How far it has reached?
Wel it seems that it will take aroud 25000 years to reach the center of the cluster and actually 25000 more to receive a reply.As M13 is a small planet it will not reach its target position because the planets keep revolving and would reach somewhere in the center if the cluster.
WHO SENT IT?
Dr. Frank Drake, then at Cornell University and creator of the Drake equation, wrote the message with help from Carl Sagan, among others.
WHAT IS THE MESSAGE EXACLTY ? AND DECODED IN DETAIL
The Arecibo message, sent from the Arecibo Observatory by a group of scientists in Puerto Rico in 1974, was a three-minute message of exactly 1,679 binary digits, arranged into 73 lines of 23 characters per line (these are both prime numbers and may help the aliens decode the message).
As shown in the picture the message is decoded!!!
The message consists of seven parts that encode the following (from the top down):
- The numbers one (1) to ten (10) (white)
- The atomic numbersof the elements hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and phosphorus, which make up deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) (purple)
- The formulasfor the sugars and bases in the nucleotides of DNA (green)
- The number of nucleotides in DNA, and a graphic of the double helix structure of DNA (white & blue)
- A graphic figure of a human, the dimension (physical height) of an average man, and the human population of Earth (red, blue/white, & white respectively)
- A graphic of the Solar Systemindicating which of the planets the message is coming from (yellow)
- A graphic of the Arecibo radio telescopeand the dimension (the physical diameter) of the transmitting antenna dish (purple, white, & blue)